Here is a list of just some of the irresponsible, dangerous, petulant, childish, vindictive, prejudiced, bigoted, racist, Islamophobic, anti-Semitic, misogynistic, fascistic, authoritarian, insensitive, erratic, disturbed and irrational statements and actions by a disgraceful candidate elected by the minority of voters to be President of the United States. This list is long, yet it represents just a small percentage of the outrageous and disqualifying behavior of Donald Trump. The basis of this list was extracted, amended and augmented, with apologies, from Keith Olbermann’s 176 Reasons Donald Trump Shouldn’t Be President.
Here is our incomplete list of Donald Trump horrors:
- Donald Trump attacked the Pope.
- Donald Trump attacked John McCain for being captured by the North Vietnamese.
- Donald Trump attacked Gold Star parents Khizr and Ghazala Khan and then juxtaposed their names with the phrase “Radical Islamic Terrorism.”
- Donald Trump attacked Hillary Clinton as a “bigot.” He attacked her as “brainwashed.” As “unhinged.” As “a monster.” As “the devil.” As “the most corrupt candidate ever”—showing her face on piles of hundred-dollar bills and the Star of David. He attacked her as someone whom “Second Amendment people” should do something about, as someone whose religion “we don’t know anything about”—after he explained he had never asked God for forgiveness.
- Donald Trump attacked President Obama and implied he was a traitor.
- Donald Trump accused President Obama as having been complicit in the Orlando terrorist attack.
- Donald Trump attacked President Obama for having lower approval ratings than Vladimir Putin, as if Putin’s could be trusted. He attacked him as being born in another country. He attacked him as the founder of ISIS, then said it was sarcasm, then said it wasn’t sarcasm, then attacked him again as the founder of ISIS.
- Donald Trump attacked Carly Fiorina for her face; Hillary Clinton for her non-presidential “look”; Heidi Cruz for her appearance; Megyn Kelly for having “blood coming out of her wherever”; Mika Brzezinski as “crazy and very dumb,” “neurotic,” “not very bright.”
- Donald Trump attacked the women who accused Roger Ailes of harassment.
- Donald Trump attacked the women who choose abortion—and said there should be punishments.
- Donald Trump attacked a New York Times reporter because he had a condition that made his arms look atypical.
- Donald Trump attacked Judge Gonzalo Curiel because he was of Mexican descent.
- Donald Trump attacked Senator Elizabeth Warren over allegedly lying about her heritage to get into Harvard when she never went to Harvard.
- Donald Trump attacked Senator Jeff Flake by saying he won’t be re-elected this year, when he isn’t up for election until 2018.
- Donald Trump attacked U.S. troops in Iraq and claimed they stole millions.
- Donald Trump has attacked Ted Cruz’s father and claimed he was connected to the assassination of President Kennedy.
- Donald Trump attacked Bill Clinton and claimed he was a rapist.
- Donald Trump attacked Mexicans as rapists, bringing drugs and crime.
- Donald Trump attacked African-Americans and claimed they were all living in poverty with no jobs and schools that were no good.
- Donald Trump attacked Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, as a “war zone” and attacked the United States of America and claimed it is in a “death spiral.”
- Donald Trump lied about opposing the war in Iraq, when there is a tape of him supporting it. A tape recorded on the first anniversary of 9/11. He lied about opposing the war in Iraq during a speech in which he insisted, “I will never lie to you.”
- Donald Trump lied about six million dollars in charitable donations to veterans’ groups from his telethon; he lied about donating his profits from The Apprentice, about charitable donations from The Celebrity Apprentice, and from “Trump the Game” to St. Jude Cancer Center.
- Donald Trump lied about a plan to debate Bernie Sanders for charity.
- Donald Trump lied about why he wouldn’t release his taxes, because he was being audited and proved himself a liar by saying he would release his taxes if Hillary Clinton released her e-mails.
- Donald Trump lied about how much money his father gave him or helped him get, coming out of college.
- Donald Trump lied about sending his private jet to ferry stranded U.S. servicemen.
- Donald Trump lied about talking to the Attorney General of Florida, who declined to investigate Trump University after she was given a campaign donation.
- Donald Trump lied about his business in Russia. He lied about meeting Russian president Putin.
- Donald Trump lied about offering child care to his employees, when it was child care for his hotel guests.
- Donald Trump lied about “some people” wanting a moment of silence for the murderer of five Dallas policemen.
- Donald Trump lied about seeing thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating 9/11. He lied about 9/11 hijackers sending their wives and girlfriends home to Saudi Arabia.
- Donald Trump lied about thousands of Syrian refugee terrorists being secretly admitted to this country.
- Donald Trump lied about the Chicago police urging him to cancel a rally.
- Donald Trump lied about the Chicago police saying they could solve crime there with “tough police tactics”.
- Donald Trump lied about how there was no drought in California.
- Donald Trump lied about how he never said Japan should have nuclear weapons.
- Donald Trump lied about how he opposed the ouster of Egyptian president Mubarak.
- Donald Trump lied about how the unemployment rate is 42 percent.
- Donald Trump lied about ISIS making millions a week selling Libyan oil.
- Donald Trump lied about dozens of secret terrorist cases in this country.
- Donald Trump lied that a protester who tried to rush onto his stage had “ties to ISIS”.
- Donald Trump lied about refugees entering this country carrying cell phones with “ISIS flags on them” and phone plans pre-paid by ISIS!
- Donald Trump congratulated himself in two tweets and a press release for predicting terrorist attacks like Orlando, while bodies still lay in the Pulse nightclub…
- Donald Trump congratulated himself after the killing of Dwyane Wade’s cousin.
- Donald Trump congratulated himself on predicting Brexit, even though three weeks earlier he had never heard of Brexit.
- Donald Trump congratulated himself on Republican Convention TV ratings, even though those for his closing speech were lower than for John McCain’s. He congratulated himself by disseminating a video showing how much of that speech’s total running time was taken up…by applause.
- Donald Trump congratulated himself on having “the world’s greatest memory,” then three weeks later testified in a deposition he had no memory of saying that.
- Donald Trump has proposed that Russia or China should enact a Watergate-like hacking of Hillary Clinton’s e-mails.
- Donald Trump has proposed banning Muslims from entering the country, then said it was only a suggestion, then proposed it again.
- Donald Trump’s running mate proposed banning members of other religions.
- Donald Trump has proposed open racial profiling; he has proposed banning people from “terror nations,” saying, “Look it up, they have a list”; he has proposed “ideological certification” for immigrants.
- Donald Trump has proposed worse than waterboarding while praising how Saddam Hussein, Vladimir Putin, and Kim Jong-un handled protest and terrorism.
- Donald Trump has proposed that American civilians be tried by military commissions at Gitmo.
- Donald Trump has proposed killing the families of terrorists or suspected terrorists.
- Donald Trump has proposed teaching mandatory patriotism in schools.
- Donald Trump proposed that his supporters appoint themselves as election-day voting monitors.
- Donald Trump proposed making American protection of fellow NATO members C-O-D.
- Donald Trump’s campaign proposed purging the government of all Obama appointees.
- Donald Trump proposed avoiding government debt by printing more money.
- Donald Trump proposed reducing national debt by paying less than we agreed to.
- Donald Trump proposed forestalling new financial regulations by executive order—and then in the same speech proposed eliminating…some executive orders.
- Donald Trump proposed a wall along the Mexican border to keep out undocumented immigrants.
- Donald Trump proposed mass deportation of undocumented immigrants.
- Donald Trump proposed a smaller wall and fewer deportations during a taped television interview that played at the same moment he was giving a speech in Phoenix insisting on a larger wall and more deportations.
- Donald Trump has proposed immediately expelling at least two to three million undocumented immigrants, even though this would be like trying to evacuate the city of Chicago in one day. He proposed immediately expelling any others not convicted—but merely accused—of a crime.
- Donald Trump has proposed to enact all this by executive action, bypassing Congress, even though he employed undocumented immigrants in the building of Trump Tower; even though those immigrants say he not only knew of them but hired them personally; even though his own modeling agency and television shows enabled and employed undocumented immigrants; even though his own wife may have worked here without proper documentation; even though his own grandfather was reportedly not merely a fraudulent emigrant to this country but was also denied re-entry to Germany because he was a draft-dodger.
- Donald Trump has claimed he understood the sacrifice of losing a child in war because he had spent money to hire employees.
- Donald Trump has claimed he understood prejudice against African-Americans because the system is also rigged against him.
- Donald Trump claimed the election will be rigged against him, claimed the opinion polls are rigged against him, then praised one of the exact same polls when it favored him.
- Donald Trump claimed he would be leading those rigged polls by 20 points but for the rigged media.
- Donald Trump claimed Democrats are voting ten times each.
- Donald Trump claimed that his crowd in Colorado Springs would’ve been larger, but the fire marshal was a Democrat.
- Donald Trump claimed that his speech in Washington would have drawn as many as Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, but “nobody would let them in.”
- Donald Trump claimed he was his own best foreign-policy adviser.
- Donald Trump claimed that Putin will not go into Ukraine when he already invaded Ukraine in 2014.
- Donald Trump claimed the U.S. is paying rent for a military base in Saudi Arabia when the last one there closed in 2003.
- Donald Trump claimed that to avoid hacking, the military should stop communicating “on wires” and return to using messengers.
- Donald Trump claimed that any candidate using a teleprompter should be ineligible, and then himself began using a teleprompter.
- Donald Trump claimed that he doesn’t use notes for speeches during a speech he gave primarily from notes.
- Donald Trump claimed he will fix the problems of African-Americans, then days later suggested that an African-American athlete protesting police shootings should leave this country.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have asked his foreign-policy advisers three times in one hour why this country can’t use nuclear weapons if we have nuclear weapons—after having asked a television interviewer the same question; he was revealed to have not known what the “nuclear triad” was.
- Donald Trump who was revealed to have been the political beneficiary of fake Internet accounts underwritten by the Kremlin; revealed to have improperly sought campaign contributions from foreign nationals, including officials of foreign governments.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have erased all his e-mails, including those sought in a lawsuit, for five years.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have plagiarized 20 pages in his Trump Institute handbook.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have employed the purported author of his wife’s Convention speech, which plagiarized part of a speech written for Michelle Obama by Hillary Clinton’s former speechwriter.
- Donald Trump said on his 2008 radio show that Hillary Clinton would “make a good president.”
- Donald Trump admitted using the pseudonyms “John Barron” and “John Miller” while pretending to be his own press spokesman and boasting of his sexual conquests in the 1990s.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have used the pseudonym “John Baron” while his company threatened its undocumented workers.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have telephoned one television network to alert it to something positive being said about him on another television network.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have millions in outstanding loans to the Bank of China.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have tried to make investment deals with Muammar Gaddafi.
- Donald Trump was revealed to have once kept a book of Hitler’s speeches in a cabinet near his bed.
- Donald Trump allied himself with a campaign adviser and delegate, who said Hillary Clinton should be shot by firing squad for treason.
- Donald Trump allied himself with another campaign adviser who mused about waterboarding Hillary Clinton.
- Donald Trump allied himself with an African-American pastor who disseminated an image of Hillary Clinton in blackface; he has allied himself with his own son, who follows a series of white-supremacist Twitter accounts.
- Donald Trump allied himself with at least seven campaign staffers who disseminated racist and/or violent messages on social media.
- Donald Trump allied himself with a state campaign co-chairman who tweeted, “Lynch Loretta Lynch”.
- Donald Trump allied himself with an Illinois Trump delegate who is a white supremacist, a California Trump delegate who is a white-nationalist leader, a former personal butler who wrote on Facebook that President Obama should be “hung for treason.”
- Donald Trump allied himself with three different campaign chiefs, the first whom manhandled a woman reporter, then lied about it, the second who was listed to receive $12 million from a pro-Russia political party in Ukraine, the third who has been accused of anti-Semitic comments and domestic violence.
- Donald Trump allied himself with a foreign-policy adviser accused of anti-Semitic comments, with a New York State co-chair who suggested Khizr Khan supports ISIS and is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, and with a close adviser who said a Clinton aide could be a “Saudi spy” or “terrorist agent.”
- Donald Trump allied himself with a former campaign state chairman accused of drawing a gun on another campaign staffer, with a conspiracy-theorist radio host who claims the Newtown school shootings were a hoax, and with a political operative so corrupt he was once fired—by Republicans—for falsifying evidence…against Hillary Clinton.
- Donald Trump offered to pay the legal fees of any supporter who becomes physically violent against a heckler.
- Donald Trump encouraged crowd members to harass and threaten a reporter, whom he called out by name and who then needed Secret Service protection.
- Donald Trump accepted a military medal from an audience member and said, “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier”.
- Donald Trump conducted a news conference to introduce his running mate, only to spend the first 25 minutes talking only about himself.
- Donald Trump’s prominent Latino surrogate warned that Mexican immigration would put “taco trucks on every corner”—four months after the nominee commemorated Cinco de Mayo by tweeting a photo of himself eating from a taco bowl.
- Donald Trump tweeted thanks to singer Billy Joel for dedicating a song to him, never realizing Joel was, by doing so, mocking him.
- Donald Trump bragged during a presidential debate about the size of his genitalia.
- Donald Trump gave a television interview while seated in front of a photograph of himself wearing the same suit, shirt, and tie.
- Donald Trump appeared, in a joint news conference with the president of Mexico, with two bobby pins visible, holding his hairdo in place.
Following is an unedited transcript by Penn Bullock of The New York Times of the tape in which Donald J. Trump repeatedly made vulgar comments about women:
Donald J. Trump: You know and …
Unknown: She used to be great. She’s still very beautiful.
Trump: I moved on her, actually. You know, she was down on Palm Beach. I moved on her, and I failed. I’ll admit it.
Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.
Unknown: That’s huge news.
Trump: No, no, Nancy. No, this was [unintelligible] — and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping.
She wanted to get some furniture. I said, “I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.” I took her out furniture —
I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.
Billy Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as shit. In the purple.
Trump: Whoa! Whoa!
Bush: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!
Trump: Look at you, you are a pussy.
Trump: All right, you and I will walk out.
Trump: Maybe it’s a different one.
Bush: It better not be the publicist. No, it’s, it’s her, it’s —
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.
Bush: Uh, yeah, those legs, all I can see is the legs.
Trump: Oh, it looks good.
Bush: Come on shorty.
Trump: Ooh, nice legs, huh?
The above only covers the despicable pre-election Donald Trump. There has been much more dangerous behavior since then, including the appointments of racists and white nationalist bigots to his administration. We’ll update this horror story as soon as we can.